Character is one of the attributes or features that make up and distinguish a person. It goes a long way to determine the readiness of a person to assume leadership responsibility. Persons of sound character are preferred for leadership positions while those of less than noble attributes represent a big risk to followers. This course speaks directly to the issue of what is considered to be a ‘sound’ character, how do we recognize it, why is it so important for leaders, and how can a leader develop it personally and also in his team members. The steps to take to prevent erosion of sound character attributes are also discussed in detail. Participants will receive a blueprint for assessing where they are on the character spectrum and what they need to do to reposition themselves as persons of sound character in accordance with the demands of leadership effectiveness.
A Certificate of Participation will be issued by EMET Leadership Academy on successful completion of this course. The Certificate is downloadable at the end of the course.
- Clarify the mandate of true leaders
- Explain how character qualifies or disqualifies a person for leadership assignment
- Discuss the makeup of the leader’s character
- Analyze attributes identified in the leader’s character
- Assess the guarantee of character based on the leader’s attributes
- Detail how to develop sound and strong character
- Outline the reinforcing interrelationships between character attributes
- Examine how to prevent erosion of character attributes in a leader.
- Apply the knowledge gained to develop a personal blueprint for character improvement.
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes