To reinvent the wheel is to duplicate a basic method that has already previously been created or optimized by others. The conduct of leadership at any level can benefit from this age-old wisdom. Strong leaders can emerge by duplicating or imitating the style of other leaders. This course is open to beginning and advanced students of leadership. It covers how to use the technique of imitation to develop strong leadership skills, what precisely to imitate in leaders, what to ignore, how to apply oneself, how to grow beyond what you imitated, how imitation can go wrong, and what to do if that happens. In addition, common fear and myths about the practice and power of imitation will be addressed. Participants will come through with a refreshing approach to the development of their leadership skills.
A Certificate of Participation will be issued by EMET Leadership Academy on successful completion of this course. The Certificate is downloadable at the end of the course.
- Understand the imperatives for imitation in leadership development
- Identify what to imitate and what to ignore in leaders
- Discover how to go about the process of imitation
- Analyze the dynamic of imitation of leaders
- Distill the character of leaders
- Develop a plan to exercise themselves into attributes imitated
- Distinguish the pros and cons of the strategy of imitation.
- Assess the ‘identity’ risks and how to manage them
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 15
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
The full course in expressed through a comprehensive set of slides. It will take you 5-6 hours to go through the presentation at a sitting. However, you can pace yourself accordingly and do so at your convenience.