One big mistake that anyone in a leadership position can make is expecting that subordinates will follow naturally or automatically. Taking quality following for granted is surely the beginning of failure. People don’t follow willingly or committedly just because the leader wields authority but largely because he/she has credibility with them. This course reveals how a leader can build and preserve credibility with his team. It addresses what it means to be credible, what it takes to become credible, boosters of credibility, the dynamic nature of credibility, followers who don’t respond to the leader’s credibility profile, and how to determine the quality of those following the leader. Participants will assess their ‘credibility’ profile and determine an action plan to enable them ‘up’ their credibility game, going forward.
A Certificate of Participation will be issued by EMET Leadership Academy on successful completion of this course. The Certificate is downloadable at the end of the course.
- Discuss what credibility means and why it is important.
- Identify the boosters of credibility
- Characterize credibility as a dynamic concept
- Discuss categories of followers that never mind credibility and why?
- Assess how to identify quality followership
- Analyze the framework for building credibility
- Create a plan for improving their credibility with team members.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
The course is presented based on a set of slide. There are 8 sections to cover in the slide presentation and it could take up to 4 hours to complete. You can go through the course at your own pace as well.